Sunday, November 8, 2015

Whitman Quote

"I am of old and young, of the foolish as much as the wise,
Regardless of others, ever regardful of others,
Maternal as well as paternal, a child as well as a man,"
The first line in this poem states he is young and he is old. I think this means that no matter how old you are, you might still have the mind of a teenager. It also means no matter how young you are, you can still be as wise as someone 20 years older than you. I once watched a TV show and there was an old man in it staring as a young model... The daughter of this old man questioned why, and he said "I might be 75 but I still have the same mind as I did 50 years ago." This quote reminded me of that show because it shows that age is just a number. No matter how old or young you are, people can surprise you. In the 3rd line when it says, "a child as well as a man" I think means that no matter if you are 15 years old, you can be wiser than someone who is 30 years old. The mind works in mysterious ways, and it's the young ones with goals and ambitions whose names your going to see in the big world one day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment